Sunday 3 November 2019

A quick update

It's been an interesting few days.

It has been confirmed that we are having a general election on 12 December. We spent the weekend in and around the beautiful village of Killin, where Sandra was running in the 33 mile Glen Ogle ultramarathon and I was wishing I could be running but was watching instead. England lost the rugby, beaten by a much better South African team on the day.  Newcastle United won a Premier League game on Saturday.  I was at a charity dinner on Thursday night where I heard one the best speakers I've heard for a long time, Paul Reid, and had a very entertaining long chat with a former Lord Advocate and senior Scottish judge.  Rangers announced an £11 million loss and tried to present this as a good thing.  Nigel Farage has never been off the television.  Andy Maciver presented a wonderfully entertaining seminar in our Edinburgh office on Thursday morning.  His thoughts: 60% chance of a hung parliament, 30% a Conservative outright majority, and 10% a Labour outright majority.  He also thinks there will be another independence referendum within the next two years.  We caught up with a good number of friends from the ultra running world, shared a few beers, and appreciated how lucky we are to have this community in our lives.  Entries for the 2020 West Highland Way race opened, it all worked, and after nearly 3 days we already have 210 entries.  There are a few interesting things going on with Scottish Athletics, hopefully positive, which will all become clear in due course.  I went to the physio on Wednesday, full of hope I'd get the ok to run again, and left disappointed.  At least I am able to walk further than before and am sleeping without pain.

It's our fourth wedding anniversary on Wednesday.  Partner appraisals have started and will continue until January.  The nights continue to arrive earlier each day.  I'm back at the physio on Thursday and hoping my improvement has continued.  I'll take my running session on Tuesday and will hope for a reasonable turnout.  The news will continue to be full of election coverage, which I enjoy.  We certainly live in interesting times.

Have a good week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment